Sunday, January 2, 2011

Renaldo Barnette

One of my all time favourite illustrators is Renaldo Barnett whom I got to know, while going through the blog of Brook Hagel, the lady who inspired me to follow my passion in fashion illustration.
Renaldo Barnett is a visiting lecturer at FIT (Fashion Institute of Technology, NY), and has worked for Tuleh, Anne Klein, Kai Milla, Ralph Lauren, and Badgley Mischka.
I love to look at his work, and i can spend hours gazing at them. They are so effortlessly drawn and the details are mesmerizing. I wish I had him as a lecturer but I bet he has never even heard about my little island Sri Lanka! He’s one of the must meet people in my list if I ever go to NY and I wish and pray I will get that chance one fine day.
Also I was going through some of my projects I did back in college and I found some inspirational sketches I used then and they were Barnette’s! I didn’t know then and I remember going ga ga over those sketches! I even tried to adapt his style… and I’m so glad I read brook’s blog and ultimately finding out who Renaldo Barnette is!
Here are some of his beautiful sketches.Oh and I’m elated to have him on my Facebook profile! Yey!! check out his website http://www.renaldobarnette.com/






Enjoy!
Love, Ludee

No comments:

Post a Comment